Friday, 26 September 2014

Jesus Is Enough

We were made to live for God and we'll never be totally happy, content, satisfied until we do. That's not a new idea; Augustine of Hippo said it 1600 years ago.
"You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
I guess that means that if you are looking for happiness, contentment, satisfaction, rest you would be wasting your time looking elsewhere.
If only I had... then I would be content. If only I could... then I could be at peace. If only you would... then I would be satisfied. Doctor give me a pill, counsel me, hypnotise me, wipe out my past. You fill in the blanks and fill out the list. It's all pointless anyway, you'll never be totally satisfied until Jesus is everything and when Jesus is everything you will find that Jesus is enough — more than enough.
"Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy. Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare."
Isaiah 55:2


Augustine of Hippo

No comments:

Post a Comment